Charge 2 Go Terms and Conditions
Date: 16 Jun 2022
Net Zero Energy Ventures Pty Ltd trading as Charge 2 Go is driven to make the ownership of electric vehicles a great experience for everyone. We are interested in creating a supportive and dedicated community of EV owners that will drive a broader acceptance of the capability and value of owning an EV.
1. Our Values
When using the Charge 2 Go service, we ask that all Users abide by a common set of standards and principles which will make the experience pleasant one for everyone.
We require all our Platform Users to:
• comply with all applicable laws
• not use the Platform to cause a nuisance or make fake bookings
• use the Platform only for its intended purpose
• not cause any nuisance or damage, and not behave inappropriately
• leave only useful and informative reviews about the facilities, Hosts or Users (do not make it personal)
2. Platform Service (“Service”)
Charge 2 Go offers the following Service:
• Allow the owner of an EV charging supply (Host) to list the location, facilities, price, EV charging unit type, availability (time, operational), photos, and other locational features that promote the usage of the charging facility.
• Allows the owner of an EV (EV User) to locate via the listing or mapping capability of the app or website a suitable location, time and price to use the Service.
• Allows a booking between Host and EV User to occur via the app with confirmation of booking details and payment transaction to occur once the transaction is confirmed by both parties.
When your booking is made with Charge 2 Go, Charge 2 Go is responsible for the Platform Service and its operations – not the experience. Users – Hosts and EV Users, are responsible for the overall experience. The Platform does not recommend or endorse a particular Host or User. All Users can leave reviews of their experience.
As a Host, you are permitted to list your EV charger only if you are the rightful owner of the charging facility, or you are authorised to act on behalf of the rightful owner. It is the responsibility of the Host to ensure all details about the Service are accurate at any point time and that the service is available.
We take reasonable care in providing our Platform, but it is possible that sometimes the information on it is not accurate (information from the Hosts is uploaded by the Hosts). We can’t be held responsible for any errors, any interruptions, or any missing bits of information provided by Users – although we will do everything we can to correct/fix them as soon as we can.
To make a booking, you will need to create an Account as the payments made between the Host and EV User are managed via the Platform.
Please make sure all your info (including payment and contact details) is correct and up to date, or you might find that payments are delayed or cannot be made. You are responsible for anything that happens with your Account, so please don’t let anyone else use it, and please keep your username and password secret.
Only Hosts with available chargers and timing slots will be shown on the Platform for the required location.
We may, without prior notice, change the Service; stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to users generally; or create usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. Company shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
The Service is provided on an as available basis. The Service may from time to time not be available at a particular time or location.
When you make a booking, you agree to pay the Host the cost of the service agreed at the time of making the booking.
All listing prices are in $/hr.
The energy price calculator is provided solely for the purpose of understanding the approximate value of the charging service to the Host based on the assumptions provided by the Host. The energy price calculator requires the user to input assumptions of electricity costs in $/kWh, profit assumptions in $/kWh and estimate utilisation of the EV charger in hours/week and provides guidance of a reasonable listing price in $/hr and estimated annual profit in $. Charge 2 Go does not guarantee that such an annual profit will be achieved by the Host.
Charge 2 Go transactions fees are deducted from the Host and is structured as a % of earnings or minimum amount, whichever is greater per transaction.
4. Payment Process
Payments occur directly between the Host and the EV User and are in Australian Dollars (AUD). This payment is managed by a third-party payment provider who charges payment fees directly to Charge 2 Go and is recovered through our transaction fees from the Host.
The Host and User will be required to provide their bank details for the transaction to take place. If no bank details are provided, then transaction cannot take place on the Platform.
All User bank accounts must be held in Australia.
5. User Accounts (“Account”)
To access the Service all Users:
• Must be 18 years of age or older, and any registration, use or access to the Service by anyone under 18 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement.
• Are required to establish an Account as either a Host, an EV User, or both. By opening an Account as either an individual or an entity you a) as Host warrant that you are the owner of the EV charging supply and are authorised to list its availability on Charge 2 Go b) as an EV User, warrant that you are the person or entity authorized to bind yourself or the entity to this Agreement.
• Agree to never use another User’s account without permission.
• When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You must notify Charge 2 Go immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Charge 2 Go is not liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
• Control your User profile and how you interact with the Service by changing the settings in your Account page. By providing Company your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the Service and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your Account page. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
• By connecting to Charge 2 Go with a third-party service, you give us permission to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service, and to store your log-in credentials for that service.
Some areas of the Service allow Users to post content such as profile information, comments, questions, and other content or information (any such materials a User submits, posts, displays, or otherwise makes available on the Service. You retain ownership of your User Content.
ou agree not to post User Content that: (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal; (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort; (v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable; (vi) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets); (vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or (viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current. You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) or rights of privacy. To the extent that your User Content contains music, you hereby represent that you are the owner of all the copyright rights, including without limitation the performance, mechanical, and sound recordings rights, with respect to each and every musical composition (including lyrics) and sound recording contained in such User Content and have the power to grant the license granted below. Company reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that Company believes, in its sole discretion, violates these provisions.
You may choose to, or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Company under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Charge 2 Go does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Company, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Charge 2 Go takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User content that you or any other User or third-party posts or sends over the Service. You shall be solely responsible for your User content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User content. Charge 2 go shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction
6. Transaction Process
The following steps occur in a paid transaction processed through Charge 2 Go via Stripe:
• The EV User opens the listing page, selects options (dates with an end date of up to 85 days from now), and clicks on the “Book” button.
• The EV User reviews the details of the purchase and inputs their credit card details. The payment happens immediately.
• Once the payment is made, the EV User is taken to a page that displays the transaction details. They are told that the Host needs to accept the transaction before the money is transferred.
• The Host gets an email notification of a new transaction that needs to be accepted. If the transaction is not accepted within 3 days or before the end date (whichever comes first), the transaction is cancelled, and no money is transferred. Once accepted, the money is captured from the buyer’s card, and funds are put on hold. Both parties get a receipt of the transaction via email.
• Charge 2 Go receives a commission for the service. That payout will happen according to Stripe’s schedule (about 5 to 10 business days).
• Both Users can then discuss freely to agree on charging details.
• EV User or Admin marks the order as completed (Users have met, the charge has been completed), or the order is automatically marked as completed after 3 days. Funds are then moved from the Stripe balance to the Host account.
• Stripe transfers the money from the Stripe balance to the Host’s bank account. Stripe takes about 7 days to move the money.
• Users can then review each other.
• Even if the transaction is marked as completed immediately, the money will appear in the seller’s bank account after a minimum of 7 days.
7. Other Policies
Security, Privacy and cookies
Charge 2 Go cares about the integrity and security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
Charge 2 Go will only share the details necessary to conclude a transaction between the Host and EV User. This includes the Host name, location, vehicle & contact details and the EV User’s name and contact details as provided in the Platform
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, all rights in our Platform (technology, content, trademarks, look & feel, etc.) are owned by Charge 2 Go (or its licensors) and by using our Platform you agree to do so for its intended purpose only and respecting the conditions of use.
You’re not allowed to monitor, copy, scrape/crawl, download, reproduce or otherwise use anything on our Platform for any commercial purpose without written permission of Charge 2 Go or its licensors.
Measures against unacceptable behaviour
We have the right to stop you making any bookings, to cancel any bookings you’ve already made, and/or to stop you using our Platform, and/or your Account. Of course, we’ll only do this if, in our opinion, there’s a good reason to – for example:
• fraud or abuse
• non-compliance with our terms and conditions, or with applicable laws or regulations
• inappropriate or unlawful behaviour (e.g. violence, threats or invasion of privacy) in relation to us, any of the companies we work with – or anyone else, for that matter.
If we cancel a booking as a result, you won’t be entitled to a refund. We may tell you why we’ve cancelled your booking, unless telling you would (a) contravene applicable laws and/or (b) prevent or obstruct the detection or prevention of fraud or other illegal activities. If you believe we have incorrectly cancelled your Booking, please contact our Customer Service team.
Limitation of liability
Charge 2 Go is liable for (e.g.) any:
• indirect loss or indirect damage to Host property or facilities
• injury direct or indirect associated with the provision or use of the Charge to Go Service
• inaccurate information about a Host
• product, service or action of a Host, User or other business partner
• mistake in an email address, phone number or credit card number
• force majeure or event beyond our control.
If you are in breach of these Terms and/or the Service Provider’s terms, to the extent permitted by law:
• we won’t be liable for any costs you incur as a result, and
• you won’t be entitled to any refund.
To the extent permitted by law, the most that we, or any Host, will be liable for (whether for one event or a series of connected events) is the cost of your booking, as set out in your confirmation email.
You acknowledge and agree that the Service is currently in Beta mode and that the existence, functionality and performance of the Service constitute confidential information owned by Charge 2 Go, including but not limited to the development status of the Service, the functionality of the Service, the appearance, content and flow of the Service’s user interface, and the content of the Service’s documentation. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of this information, including information related to your evaluation and characterization of the Service (including suggestions for improvement that you make to Charge 2 Go), and will not sell, license, sublicense, publish, display, distribute, disclose or otherwise make available this information to any third party nor use such information except as expressly authorized by this Agreement. You agree to immediately notify Company upon becoming aware of the unauthorized disclosure or use of the Service or any confidential information of Company and to assist Company in remedying such unauthorized use or disclosure.
Third Party Links
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Company and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by you; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation; (v) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any that is submitted via your account; or (vi) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
Except for your User Content, the Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music, and User Content belonging to other Users (the “Company Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of Company and its licensors (including other Users who post User Content to the Service). Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any Company Content. Use of the Company Content for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
Certain aspects of the Service may allow you to obtain certain reputational or status indicators (“Company Property”). You understand and agree that regardless of terminology used, Company Property constitutes a limited license right governed solely by the terms of this Agreement and available for distribution at Company’s sole discretion. Company Property is not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Company at any time. You acknowledge that you do not own the account you use to access the Service, nor do you possess any rights of access or rights to data stored by or on behalf of Company on Company servers, including without limitation any data representing or embodying any or all of your Company Property. You agree that Company has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate Company Property as it sees fit in its sole discretion, in any general or specific case, and that Company will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such right. All data on Company’s servers are subject to deletion, alteration or transfer.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent of the Law, in no event will Charge 2 Go, affiliates, agents, directors, employees suppliers or licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses that result from the use of , or inability to use the Service. Charge 2 Go will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorised access or use of the Service., your Account or information contained within it.
We may revise and update this Agreement from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Service thereafter. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of the revised Agreement means that you accept and agree to the changes. We encourage you to check this Agreement often for updates and changes.
General Sharetribe terms
Charge 2 Go is a web service built on the Sharetribe platform. The general terms of Sharetribe below apply also to the use of Charge 2 Go
Rights of Content
The users themselves retain the right to all text, pictures and other content that they create in the service. The users allow others to utilize the content in accordance with the nature of the service and furthermore allow the service provider to file information and data and make changes that are necessary for the service or the study, however other rights are not transferred from the users, unless specifically otherwise agreed. The responsibility of the content lies with the user, who has produced it to the service. The service provider has the right to remove any material when it deems it necessary.
No guarantees of the functioning of the Sharetribe service are given. The users are themselves responsible for their actions in the service and they should estimate the reliability of other users before dealing with them. The service provider can under no circumstances be liable for damage that is caused to the user. The user may not store any information or data in the service, and expect it to remain there.
The Removal of a User
The service provider has the right to remove any users from Sharetribe and terminate their right of use of the service without any specific reason and without being liable for compensation.